MPC2022 Gala Weekend Waiver
Saturday, April 30, 2022 – Sunday, May 1, 2022
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I certify that I am physically fit, sufficiently prepared for participation in the event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health‐related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this Event.
In consideration of permitting me to participate in this Event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(a) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE My Peak Challenge (“MPC”), and its officers, directors, board members, employees and agents from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of MPC, for my personal injury, death or disability, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me while participating in this Event.
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE MPC from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of MPC, or one of its sponsor partners or otherwise. I acknowledge that MPC is not responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting the Event on behalf of MPC.
(C) I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this Event.
(D) I understand that I may be photographed during this Event and its related activities, and I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by MPC, its sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
This waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I AGREE TO IT FREELY.
DO NOT attend the MPC2022 Event if:
- You have been instructed to or need to self-isolate.
- You are displaying any COVID symptoms including a high temperature, cough, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste/smell.
Health and Safety Measures:
- Although there is no longer a legal requirement in Scotland to wear a face covering (face mask), we recommend everyone continues to do so when in busy areas or when moving around the event spaces. However, this is entirely at your discretion. Please be respectful of and kind to those who choose to wear a mask.
- Please be reminded of the importance of regular hand-washing and or sanitizing.
- Although specified physical distances have currently been relaxed within guidance, we encourage all attendees to continue to be mindful of their own and others’ personal space.
I attest that I:
- Am not experiencing any symptom of illness, such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
I understand that:
- MPC’s host venues are adhering to the Scottish government’s Covid guidelines. https://www.gov.scot/news/living-safely-with-covid/
- On the 28th of February 2022 the COVID vaccine verification scheme in Scotland ceased to be a legal requirement.
- I attend the MPC2022 Event at my own risk, and I will undertake my own health risk assessment to consider if I wish to travel to and attend the event.
- I’m following all government-recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to COVID-19.